How To Make Homemade Tartare Sauce
Making your own tartare sauce at home is easy, it’s a great way to enhance the flavour of your seafood & fish burgers! The Good Oil gives your tartare sauce a unique taste and beautiful golden vibrance.
- 1 whole free range egg
- 1 free range egg yolk
1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp honey
- 1 – 1 ¼ cups The Good Oil
- 2 tbsp gherkins, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 lemon – zest & juice
- 1-2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Blend all ingredients, except oil and lemon juice in a food processor for about 1 minute until well combined and frothy.
- Keep the blender running on a low speed then drip the oil in slowly (pouring the oil from a measuring jug is easier). Make sure you allow each addition to incorporate into the egg mixture before adding more. As more oil is incorporated you can add the oil a little more quickly, working up to a slow stream. You will see the mixture begin to thicken.
- Add lemon juice, zest, gherkins, capers and dill, pulse to combine. Don’t blend as you want to keep the tartare chunky.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Delicious dolloped in our crispy fish burgers and served with crispy lemon pepper potato rounds.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.