How To Make Marinated Feta
When you have something like this in your fridge, a delicious meal isn’t far away. The left over oil can be used for sauces, dressings, braises and is great for cooking eggs so don’t waste it!
- 1 cup The Good Oil Rapeseed Oil
- 2 – 4 cloves garlic, bashed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- A pinch chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 T chopped herbs – we used parsley
- Heat ½ cup of the oil in a small frypan with the garlic, fennel, coriander seeds, thyme and chilli flakes. Gently infuse the oil with the spices. Cool.
- Cut your lemon in half and place in a lightly oiled pan or a grill and cook cut side down until charred.
- Cut the feta into cubes and gently toss with the chopped herbs.
- Cut one half of the lemon into quarters and pack into a jar. Add the herbed feta. Slice the charred end off the second half of the lemon and set aside. Squeeze the remaining lemon into the jar, and top with the charred lemon slice.
- Mix the infused oil with the remaining half cup of oil and pour over the feta. Add more oil so the feta is submerged.
- Seal the jar tightly and pop in the fridge for 24 hours before using, allowing it to marinate in flavours.
Best to serve at room temperature.
- Marinated Feta will keep well in fridge for 2-3 weeks if stored properly.
- The leftover oil can be used for sauces, dressings, braises and is great for cooking eggs so don’t waste it!
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.