How To Make Tomato, Green Bean & Baby Potato Salad with Vinaigrette
A delicious summer salad, great with fish or barbequed meats. Try soft boiled eggs or white beans for a meat free option. We also like some good bread to mop up the green olive vinaigrette too!
- 300g green or yellow beans, ends trimmed
600 – 800g new or baby potatoes, scrubbed and sliced about 1.5cm thick
500g tomatoes, sliced and cut into wedges for some variation
- A good handful of basil leaves
Ingredients (Green Olive Vinaigrette)
6 T The Good Oil High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- 2 T white wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup green olives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 5 – 8 minutes. Drain cover with a tea towel for five minutes to steam and dry out a little. Tip the potatoes into a large bowl, and toss with half the Green Olive Vinaigrette. The hot potatoes will suck up the vinaigrette.
Blanch the beans in salted boiling water for about 2 – 3 minutes until tender, and refresh in iced water. Drain well.
Cut the tomatoes into wedges and/or slices, and season with a little salt.
Add the tomatoes and beans to the potatoes, followed by the remaining vinaigrette. Toss gently to combine. Arrange on a serving platter and top with fresh basil leaves. Serve.
Method (Green Olive Vinaigrette)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with black pepper and a little salt.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.