How To Make Caesar Salad
The Caesar salad is delicious on its own for lunch or a light meal, along with making the perfect side for your favourite dinner, served with Golden Croutons and a homemade dressing this recipe is sure to impress
- 1 whole free range egg
- 1 free range egg yolk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp honey
- 1 – 1 ¼ cups The Good Oil
- 3-4 tsp lemon juice to taste
- Zest of lemon (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 baby cos or romaine lettuce
- 6 rashers free range bacon
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Blend all ingredients, except oil, lemon juice and Parmesan in a food processor for about 1 minute until well combined and frothy. Keep the blender running on low speed, then drip the oil in slowly (pouring the oil from a squeeze bottle or measuring jug is easier).
- Make sure you allow each addition to incorporate into the egg mixture before adding more.
- As more oil is incorporated you can add the oil a little more quickly, working up to a slow stream. You will see the mixture begin to thicken. Add lemon juice, zest and parmesan to taste. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cook bacon in a hot pan with The Good Oil and allow to cool.
- Separate lettuce leaves, rinse and dry. Lay on a serving platter.
- Top with rashers of crispy bacon and shavings of Parmesan. Sprinkle with (previously prepared) croutons. Drizzle with (previously prepared) Caesar dressing and enjoy.
Create your own Golden Croutons for best results!
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.