How To Make Green Slaw with Fresh Herbs & Buttermilk Dressing
The green slaw salad is the perfect salad for those hot summer days, with a great crunch and delicious buttermilk dressing, it’s a must for your next BBQ!
- ¼ white cabbage, finely sliced
- 4 stalks celery, plus leaves, finely sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 – 2 green apples, finely sliced & tossed with lemon juice to stop them going brown
- 2 – 4 T chopped herbs – we used dill, parsley, chives
- Extra chopped herbs & flowers to finish
4 T The Good Oil New Zealand Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper – be generous
- 2 T chopped dill & parsley
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a jug, and season well. You want the dressing to be tangy and quite well seasoned, as it’s coating a lot of unseasoned ingredients.
- Place all the finely sliced vegetables, apples and herbs in a large bowl. Include the celery leaves too as these add great flavour. When you are ready to serve, give the buttermilk dressing a quick whisk and pour over the salad. Toss to combine all ingredients and check seasoning.
Finish with the extra chopped herbs on top of the slaw.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.